[OM] Re: Tool for Auto Bellows

Subject: [OM] Re: Tool for Auto Bellows
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:37:00 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Flemming Kristensen wrote:

> Does anyone out there know how to disassemble the lens mount knobs? The
> focusing knob seems to be fastened with what looks like a very small Unbraco
> screw, accessible through a hole in the stop-down lever, but I would like to
> be sure about the correct tool before I start grooming the shops for
> sub-millimeter Unbraco keys.

The correct tool to remove the set screw is a P18 hex driver.  I have one
made by Xcelite and it's marked as being .028".  However, you may be able
to loosen up the knob by flood cleaning the underside using a mild solvent
such as lighter fluid.  I would try that before disassembling the knob.
                                -mark