[OM] Re: Northamptonshire Churches

Subject: [OM] Re: Northamptonshire Churches
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 06:01:29 +0000
I have too slow a connection to check your website at the moment, but
most churches have something special about them Graham, even if it is
only an oasis for quiet contemplation and worship.  For instance, I
have just been to the church in Beaminster, Dorset, with my
father-in-law.  The wall outside has stone panels commemorating all
those who went to the war (including about 5 of his relatives),
straddling a large panel commemorating the first airman to win the
Victoria Cross, one Lieutenant Moorhouse.  The grander churches have
lovely stained-glass windows, the simpler ones their dignfied
simplicity.

You can probably tell that I like churches ... ;-)

On topic: I now have an XA loaded with HP5+, rated at EI800 which I
plan to take to all the churches that I visit.

Chris

On 5 Mar 2004, at 21:49, Graham Battison wrote:

> Wandering around my county at the weekends I usually go into any
> village
> church that is left unlocked. They don't qualify as anything special
> but if
> you like village churches they may be of interest. If you have seen
> them
> before I have just added Nassington and Kings Sutton.
>
> The link to the gallery is bottom left on this page:
>
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/other_stuff.html
>

> Graham

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker