[OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout

Subject: [OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:11:17 -0500
I have been using XP2 for ages, originally for processing simplicity. I am
trying out Delta right now which I suspect will convert me.

For colour it has been Fuji domestic 400 (just for everyday stuff). For the
more serious stuff it has been Fuji NPS.

However when it calls for it I have used faster films (800 and even a single
roll of 1600 for one thing in a theatre).

So the conclusion for me is that I would continue to use the lower speed
setting when I cross over to the electronic side. And do as I do now and use
the higher speeds only if I really needed, with the knowledge that I might
be sacrificing some quality as a result. I am sure that just as film has
progressed to offer better quality at higher ISO's digital will do the same.

Dan S

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of NSURIT@xxxxxxx

It would be interesting to know how many of us really use the higher ISO
films with our OMs.  I've been back seriously doing some photography for
about 3
1/2 years and most of what I have been doing is in the 50-100 ISO range.
Yes, I
shoot a fair amount of Tri-X, however almost all of my color work is done
below 200 ISO.