[OM] Re: Flying with Tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Flying with Tripod
From: Regan Conley <reganconley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:34:57 -0500
Tripods are not specifically banned from airplanes in the US (you can
check the official list at the TSA website).  However, when I tried to
travel with one in my carry-on at Christmas, the security staff made me
list, I asked if this was a change because I didn't think they used to
be on the list.  "No," the TSA guy said, "they aren't on the list. Its a
judgement call."  So, Charlie, you may or may not be allowed to travel
with your tripod, and no one - not even officials at TSA-- can tell you
which it will be prior to your arrival at security and the guy screening
your luggage decides what sort of mood he's in with regard to tripods.
 Good luck.