[OM] Re: New walkabout lens

Subject: [OM] Re: New walkabout lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:54:19 -0800
For a hiking lens, I would consider a Tamron asp 28-200/3.8-5.6. I
e-mailed you with considerable detail about them when you posted a
question about them in Nov. Details still available I still have one for
sale.

Compared to the AT-X, the Tamron is not quite as good a lens and is
slower at the long end, but it goes down to 28mm and is shorter, lighter
and takes a 72mm filter.

I've only used a telextender on the AT-X once, in a situation that
really doesn't reveal much about the combo. I'm glad you like it so far.
The zoom action on mine is not sloppy, but it does creep out to tele
when hanging down.

Moose