[OM] Re: OM to EOS adaptor - sample pics

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to EOS adaptor - sample pics
From: "Jim Caldwell" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:08:40 -0500
Moose,
 Fred Miranda's actions are outstanding and I have purchased them and use
them myself, but here is another quick way to sharpen that works well and is
easy to do (in fact, I created an action out of the technique!).  Copy your
image to a new layer, then apply the High Pass Filter to that layer (under
Other).  I use a setting around 9 or 10, depending upon the amount of detail
in the image - less if there is a lot of detail.  Finally, change the mode
of the layer to 'soft light', 'hard light', or 'overlay' and check the
results.  You may adjust the opacity slider to fine-tune the sharpening
effect!  Note, that this technique does not produce the halo effects that
can occur with overuse of unsharpen mask!

Jim Caldwell

Stock Photography
www.specialty-media.com