[OM] Re: 81a filters

Subject: [OM] Re: 81a filters
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:57:33 -0800
The ones I have (Cokin, acquired with kits) are slightly graduated at the
transition... mounted close to the lens there is a blend of the light
reduction not a sharp transition.

With 'normal' skys, e.g. partly sunny skies, these filters are just about
the -only- way to get good sky/cloud detail and good ground detail on slide
film, and work pretty well for evening out the exposure range with negative
film too, often you get much better sky detail without losing detail in the
ground shadows.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...