[OM] Re: Ebay prices dropping for OLY and other

Subject: [OM] Re: Ebay prices dropping for OLY and other
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:34:41 +0000
   I've just purchased (in the last week) a very good condition 35-70mm
f4.0 Zuiko with a soft leather case and caps for #56 UKP and an superb
condition 35mm f2.8 with case, caps etc. for #72 UKP. I thought these
were reasonable prices. I did use the website http://www.haukeboe.com/
to compare prices and one thing I did notice was that for a UK auction
if you convert the dollar sign from a US auction price to a pound sign
the prices are nearly always the same. I guess that's just due to the
lower availability of some Zuikos in the UK. I can only imagine that
prices might start to rise for the OM system as it becomes even more of
a classic when digital really does get a foothold, though I have no
intention of moving to digital yet (although the Leica Digilux 2 looks
very nice!).
   By the way the 35-70mm zoom I bought has a very small speck of
visible dust on the inside rear element. I don't think this should be
noticeable on any exposures or degrade image quality, however does
anyone have any experience of this?

All the best,
Gareth.

--

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol
BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
bluesteel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary

Support Mozilla Firefox:

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible
is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

Arthur C. Clarke's Second Law.

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not
wave in a vacuum."

Arthur C. Clarke