[OM] Re: UW OMography? MD2 w Control Pack 2 and charger

Subject: [OM] Re: UW OMography? MD2 w Control Pack 2 and charger
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:17:21 -0800
At 12:42 PM 3/12/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>Some would say that is capturing the decisive moment by accident.  :-)
>And an argument for the continuous view and instant shutter response of
>a rangefinder camera.

I sometimes wish I had a good rangefinder, Winsor. It's a great tool for
shooting in the street, and handy for casual picture-taking. In lieu of
such equipment I've muddled along with my old Olympus Stylus XL, which does
okay work for what it is.

As for the "accident" bit: there's nothing accidental about motor drives.
They have a purpose and a price and if used intelligently they can enable
photographers to do work which would otherwise be (for all practical
purposes) impossible. Besides, the purpose of my photography is to come
away with useful images, not "test" my "luck" that day.

Tris