[OM] And now for something completely different. . .

Subject: [OM] And now for something completely different. . .
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:46:56 -0800 (PST)
Last week, missiles; this week, women tasting wine.  Last night I shot the
annual fund-raiser held by my wife's Business & Professional Women organization
to fund their scholarship program.  Fun, I got to drink wine, I got to shoot my
OM, and I made many points with the wife.  I recommend, when photographing
groups of strangers, that you get several glasses of wine down them first - it
makes things so much easier.

All shot with an OM-4T/Bounce Grip 2/T32 set on Fuji NPH and Press 400, with
Zuiko 85/2 and a 50/1.4 silver-nose.  Scanned at time of processing by ABC
Photo ($12.00 US per roll and it saved me the tedium of scanning 120+ frames).
The quick and dirty Photoshop automated album is at:

http://peopleplacesflight.com/BPW/   if anyone is interested.  There are a some
fun shots, and everyone had a good time.  That is the newly crowned Miss
Arlington with the tiara.

I lost my grip cord so I turned the BG2 around to the left side of the camera
which allowed me to hold the Winder 2 grip directly to trip the shutter
release.  That requires swiveling the T32 180 degrees to point forward.  Works
like a charm.

I also tried shooting some with my Minolta Dimage 7 digicam.  That was a dismal
failure.  The built-in flash is far too weak, and the autofocus did a terrible
job in the dim light.  It was a real pleasure to raise the OM to my eye and
enjoy the bright viewfinder after suffering terrible EVF on the digicam.

Gary Edwards

Do you Yahoo!?