[OM] Eye relief

Subject: [OM] Eye relief
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 07:10:24 -0400
Okay sorry about posting something that has been discussed before. I just
started wearing glasses again so I need to start looking into some eye
relief with my cameras. I meant to ask my opthamologist about this when I
was there but didn't get the chance. My prescription is pretty light. I'm
wondering which set of numbers I use for the diopter correction? It says
SPH. -1.00 CYL. -0.50 AXIS 10 5 (not sure if it's 105, looks like a space
between them). Should I get a -1 diopter or -0.5? The place where I get my
glasses does grind their own lenses and will do custom work for frameless
glasses so I can probably get them to grind me a lens for an eyecup if I
wanted to.

I think someone had asked this before (or could've been on a different list)
but are these lenses a standard size? If I had a lens made for my OM's would
I be able to use it with another camera type? I've really been looking into
RF photography (probably Cosina/Voigtlander) so idealy it'd be nice to only
have one lens to use with both systems.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/