[OM] Re: The package has arrived!

Subject: [OM] Re: The package has arrived!
From: gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:56:03 -0600
Rob:

You have found my one complaint with the Zuiko lenses - the aperture ring!  I
do like the position of it away from the mount, but it should turn the other
way!  Some have speculated that it turns the same way as the SS ring like the
'blad, but I don't buy it.  This is only a minor point as the rest of the
ergonomic features more than make up for it.

Don't be afraid of the 24 shift.  I have dropped mine several times in the heat
of battle, and it is none the worse.  Not that I suggest any destructive
testing, but it is a well-built lens that is best used and not admired.

Have fun with the new toys!  I should be posting some recent pics of the
Petrillo Band Shell by Ghery which is under construction just outside my
window...  Shots are on Scala film (thanks Skip!) which make for nice images
when projected.  I do think that this may be my last time with the film as
there were several shots that could have used some more detail in the shadows.
Shooting PanF and scanning gives much better images.  Also, a copy slide of a
good print gives much more detail and richness than the Scala film.

Take care,
Bob