[OM] Re: Double secret *Bay auction

Subject: [OM] Re: Double secret *Bay auction
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:56:30 -0700
Hi Rob and George

I have had a couple of rips and a couple of fangs in my eb*y experience. I
think having made about 30 eb*y purchases in the last 6 months that you can
expect in the long run to pay about 10 to 20% more by using eb*y as opposed
to other methods (of shopping), as bids can go high, items can have minor
and major flaws and the 'fangs' can happen but are infrequent. It does allow
you to quickly amass a system or find items relatively easily, but you are
paying for the priviledge. As mentioned earlier, ask questions, communicate
with the seller, check the feedback carefully even corresponding with
another buyer,  and remember that there will ALWAYS be another one come up
for sale-always.

The list has been a great boon to me and I have tryed to keep good karma. A
big thankyou to all on the list and especially for the personal help of
Robert Kan(Nizora), George S (ClassicVW), Skip, Bill (Nsurit), Moose, John
H., Piers, Chris B., Tom S., Wayne H, Donald (DipLISS), Chuck, Jim McB, Jim
C., Jim B., Jim T.,  Charles G., Winsor, oops the academy is waving me off
and there are more Garry for his humor(occasionally), David for peace, and
Walt wherever you are for telling it like it is, Thomas for mumming, Joe,
Bob, Stephen, Fred, Schnozz, Gries, Iwert, Les, and  Earl, Garth, Gene,
Rolf,(who says Canadians have funny names?), Gregg, Gary, Andrew,Siddig,
Brian, Bill all the other Bills and Jims and Johns, and Doro for your class
and keeping us from being 100% (you know) and Tracey wherever you are .....
if I left you out THINK what have you done for me lately, no really just let
me have it and I will act suitably mortified.

love and struggle
Gord