[OM] Re: E-1 Controls comment

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Controls comment
From: "Andy Radcliffe" <AndyJRadcliffe@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:41:15 -0000

The way that I have the control dials configured in aperture priority mode
is- main dial for aperture, and sub dial (the one on the back) for exposure
compensation. In shutter priority mode the main dial is shutter speed, the
sub dial is exp. compensation.
In manual the main dial is aperture and the sub dial is shutter speed.
This suits me pretty well, as I don't use shutter priority much (if at all)
the main dial is always the aperture setting. I find it ok to operate with
gloves on too.
I just checked (couldn't remember as I rarely use this mode either)- in
program mode main dial is shift ,and sub is compensation.
A nice touch with the E-1 is the ability to configure the auto focus to
allow "fine tuning" manually without having to switch to MF mode (as long as
you hold first pressure).
Another detail I like( for some reason-maybe it's just me however?) concerns
the AEL- when this is set up to hold the exposure until a second press
releases it, the viewfinder display shuts off (as normal) after about 8
secs.although the exposure setting is retained. However, once you have woken
the display up again with a light touch on the release the display stays
active until the camera switches to "sleep" mode. (whatever time you have
this set to - 1, 3, or 5 minutes, or not at all).

Cheers,

Andy.