[OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout

Subject: [OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:09:04 -0700
At 10:12 PM 13/03/2004, AG Schnozz wrote:
> >Are you sure there's no menu item to change it to feet?
>
>I've looked and looked.  Probably the only thing not user
>configurable.  ;)

Bummer.

>... the EVF-only
> >viewing still gets under my skin.  Ah well, perhaps the E-2's
> >coming soon...
>
>It's no OM viewfinder, that's for sure.  But suprisingly enough
>it doesn't really get in the way. I've used far worse optical
>viewfinders. Half the time you're using the monitor anyway.  The
>autofocus is better and faster than I am in low light-levels.

Hmmmmph.  I wish the EVFs had higher resolution -- that way, reviewing the
image really could help you decide whether you got the shot.  I'd hate to
go someplace I'd never go again, take pics like crazy, and then return home
to find they're all junk...

>... Image stabilization *may* be a deciding factor if all else is equal.
>
>It's so tough, because I bleed Olympus when I'm cut.

Me too.  But I'm really starting to wonder if Oly ever wants to truly step
up to the plate.  And yes, the image stabilization is tempting -- I'd
probably get a lot of the low-light shots that I don't even attempt now
with (say) ISO 100 film.

>You think Cosina will make an OM mount version of that new
>rangefinder camera?

Tease!  ;-)

Garth