[OM] Re: F280 bounce flash/flash options

Subject: [OM] Re: F280 bounce flash/flash options
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:10:42 -0800
om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>From what I can see from online stuff and the
>>manual, the F280 doesn't
>>tip up for bounce--is that true? Hard to
>>believe.... Is there an
>>attachment someone's jury-rigged?
>>

>You'll have to use the BG2 or some jury-rigged contraption.  I don't think
>that the BG will supply power to the F280 though.

The F280 doesn't have the external power supply socket for the plug on
the BG2 to plug into.

>I believe that the F280 works fine in Auto mode with non OM cameras; just put
>it into "normal" mode.

No. The F280 doesn't even have a photocell to sense returning light.
"Normal" mode is for TTL auto flash identical in function to the T
series flashes. Modes are FP, T series emulation (Normal) and Manual.

Moose