[OM] What is "Bid Siphoning"? Ane why is it Heinous?

Subject: [OM] What is "Bid Siphoning"? Ane why is it Heinous?
From: Parzival Herzog <parzp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:39:27 -0600
I came across the following spluttering tirade on the global flea market, and
I wonder if anyone would deflower my innocence, and reveal to me the the
secret workings of this immoral practise Bid Siphoning?

bigleo blustered:
The infraction of Bid Siphoning has become SO RAMPANT, that I am now forced to
take action, and make the results of SOME of my auctions private. If you are
not familiar with Bid Siphoning, it is ILLEGAL, IMMORAL, UNETHICAL, and
downright HENIOUS (and CLEARLY against *Bay rules)!