[OM] Re: Woe is Me - and Why Go Digital?

Subject: [OM] Re: Woe is Me - and Why Go Digital?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:59:51 -0800
The Expo Disc is way overpriced for what it does. :-) The hot thing for
white balance on the Nikon forum is a Pringle's potato snack lid. Just
hold the lid over the lens while pointing at your intended picture and
do a WB adjustment. I have seen a few examples of its use with
difficult lighting situations and it seems to work very well. I have
mine now, but have not had a chance to use it.

A caution on the built in WB sensor. You can be standing in the shade
taking a picture of something in the sunlight and it will get it all
wrong. It sees the light falling on it, not necessarily the light
framed by the camera. It took D2H users a while to figure that out.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA