[OM] Re: Lube

Subject: [OM] Re: Lube
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:34:33 -0500
I'd be careful of recommendations like that.  It's well known that
neither the Japanese plants nor the Wyoming plant ever successfully
produced and marketed a tripod (with moving parts).  In other words,
they don't know nuthin' 'bout no tripods or tripod grease.

Which reminds me of a story.  A traveling salesman was traveling down a
country road when his car suddenly sputtered to a halt.  The salesman
was far from being a mechanic but decided to at least have a brief
glimpse under the hood (bonnet for you other folk).  While he was poking
about under the hood he heard a voice quite nearby say "It's the
carburetor".  He looked up but there was no one there except a horse
which he had not noticed earlier.  He assumed he must be imagining
things and proceeded to poke around a bit more.  Almost immediately, he
heard the voice say again; "I told you, it's the carburetor".  Now there
was no mistaking that it was the horse.

Panicked at the thought of a talking horse, he began running down the
road like a madman yelling about the talking horse.  He finally came to
a farmhouse a short distance away and banged on the door until the
farmer finally answered.  In a greatly excited and halting voice he
described to the farmer his encounter with the talking horse.

The farmer listened attentively and then asked; "Was it an old, gray
mare with one floppy ear?"  The salesman excitedly shouted; "Yes, yes,
that's the one!!!"  To which the farmer calmly replied; "Don't pay no
'tention to her... she don't know nothin' 'bout cars nohow."

Chuck Norcutt