[OM] Re: What is "Bid Siphoning"? Ane why is it Heinous?

Subject: [OM] Re: What is "Bid Siphoning"? Ane why is it Heinous?
From: Karl-Hans Lehnet <lehnet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:07:23 +0100

Hello to all zuicoholics,

I've found this explanation on the hp of floridasportsman:

Bid Siphoning is when a seller contacts bidders on /other/ seller's
auctions, in an effort to sell a similar item. This practice is unfair
to the original seller, and dangerous for buyers. The new seller has not
listed the item publicly, so there will be no record of the item's
description, nor will there be a record of the transaction. Thus, it is
extremely risky for bidders to transact with such an unethical seller.

And  Heinous remembers me to Heino (former well-known German  singer..)

Charlie