[OM] Re: Woe is Me - and Why Go Digital?

Subject: [OM] Re: Woe is Me - and Why Go Digital?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:21:25 -0700
At 09:25 AM 16/03/2004, AG Schnozz wrote:

[snip]

> >I'd hate to go someplace I'd never go again, take pics like crazy, and
> then return home to find they're all
> >junk...
>
>This is why so many haul laptops around with them.  Another
>thing is that with digital you are free to shoot dozens of dupes
>in every imaginable setting to make sure you've got it.

Well, one of the reasons I'd consider the A1 is to haul *less* stuff with
me, not more.  I really don't wanna haul a laptop along.  Oh well...

>Here are some observations:
>
>1. Anti-Shake saved the day.  The only other alternative would
>have been to increase ISO to greater than 400.

Tempting, tempting...

>5. Setting White-Balance is an artform.

Have you tried the A1's "Auto White Balance" feature yet?  If so, are you
satisfied?

>13. 1GB of storage ain't enough.

I'd take along a 1 Gig card and an iPod for mass storage (that way, I can
also listen to tunes).

>14. The autofocus works extremely well. Just watch where the red
>box lands.  Anything blurry was my fault.

I'd probably stick to straight centre-weighted AF, rather than the
"Heisenberg AF" red rectangle that first befuddled me so.  Assuming I've
understood the camera manual, that is.  ;-)

Garth