[OM] Re: E-1 review

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 review
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:44:14 -0500
I understood your point but, knowing nothing of the mechanism in the
camera, I don't know if it is capable of suitable amplitude or not.  I
agree that, as a purely ultrasonic device, it would not need the
amplitude required for anti-shake.  On the other hand, if Olympus has
plans for implementing anti-shake via compensating sensor motions they
will have compicated their lives considerably if both functions can't be
performed by the same device.  Having implemented sensor cleaning with a
big marketing flair they will not be at liberty to drop it for an
anti-shake mechanism.

If, as you suggest, this or a future mechanism is incapable of the
requisite amplitude then this may speak volumes about Olympus' direction
(or lack thereof) to implement image stabilization.

Chuck Norcutt