[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #68

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #68
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:15:07 -0800

>Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:16:04 -0700
>From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: Why go digital??

Gord,
Before you blow Gregg off too casually, consider reading the article
below on Rob Galbraith. The photo editor of no less than Sports
Illustrated says that one of the principal reasons that they went to
digital was EXACTLY the reason Gregg cites above. Makes for pretty
dang interesting reading, IMHO.

Photo Editor Steve Fine:

"The pictures themselves, Fine says, have changed the look of the
magazine. "For years [with film], we've been fighting a battle
between sharpness and grain, especially in low-light shots. You try
to sharpen and you just end up building more graininess. I'm amazed
at the quality we're getting in low-light shots off our digital
files. We're running [low-light pictures] up to two-page size that we
could never have done before."

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-6453-6821

I guess if it's good enough for SI, it's good enough for us...

-Stephen.

--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!