[OM] Fill-Flash Questions

Subject: [OM] Fill-Flash Questions
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:30:04 -0000
>IOW, in auto mode for the camera and TTL for the flash,
>you AE lock with spot meter, then set SS to the slow side of 1/60th,
>then turn on the flash and take the photo?

Not quite - neither the spotmeter nor the 'memo' (ae lock) work with the flash
turned on. You can only use the average metering. For me, this is the real
achilles heel of the OM system (3ti excepted!) - there's just no way to alter
the flash/ ambient balance without doing it manually, using guide numbers.
I guess at the time, the release of the C*non T90 with flash spotmetering and
fill-flash must have been really tempting to OM users.

>BTW, Adam, what's the URL of your web site again?

adamlong.co.uk. I'll try and get some more patagonia shots up soon.

Cheers,
Adam