[OM] Re: 24/3.5 Club

Subject: [OM] Re: 24/3.5 Club
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:15:45 -0600
I'm not Bob, but that sounds right as far as it goes.  I don't have
instructions either, but I learned on the 35 shift (thanks Ken).  I
hadn't realized there were built in yellow, orange, and red filters with
the 24 shift before I bought it.  That really pleased me.

You really need a tripod and spirit level.  The 1-10 screen helps but is
not essential.  Get the lens dead square to the scene and then shift up
or down to fit your preconceived composition.  It's sort of possible to
shift "too much" such that the end result looks a little too perfect.
You can correct for this by tilting it up ever so slightly and backing
off the shift a little bit in the final tweaking of the composition.
It's really fun to play with.

Joel