[OM] Re: talking of OM-2000

Subject: [OM] Re: talking of OM-2000
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:10:46 -0400
Moose has pretty well covered it. I might add that it is not as fussy on
batteries as the other OM's. You don't necessarily need silver oxides. Also,
you'll have to remove the batteries to take time exposures, to avoid a red
LED light from exposing your film. This is a bit of a pain as time exposures
are often done in dark conditions, not the best time for fiddling with
batteries and battery covers. Also, take a few minutes to turn over the
little plate under the wind lever that operates as the shutter lock, unless
you like that feature and don't mind the wind lever poking you in the face a
bit when shooting. That leaves you with one other fault, a major
annoyance IMO. That is, the shutter button has to be held part way down to
turn on the meter, and  it goes out immediately when you take your finger
off the button. That one fault is why mine gets left home in favor of the
OM2s about 98% of the time. If there were some way to put an on/off switch
on the OM2000, and wire up the meter as constant on, that would take care of
that problem as well as the problem of having to remove the batteries for
time exposures. Maybe someone here could come up with a simple solution for
it.
Wayne

mailto:olympusadmins@xxxxxxxxxx?subject="Olympus List Problem"