[OM] Re: OT Mi*olta Maxxum 7000i

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Mi*olta Maxxum 7000i
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:07:23 -0500
The Kalimar 500mm mirror is probably mounted with an ordinary T-2 mount.
  If you have a T-2 mount for your OM's (about $20) you could also use
the lens there. Lens quality is probably so-so but you might be lucky.
Just unscrew the T-2 mount for the Minolta and screw on the mount for
the OM.

Most people simply call these "T mounts" instead of "T-2" mounts.  The T
and T-2 mounts are basically the same thing except that the T-2 is a
later development and has adjusting screws that allow rotating the lens
in relation to the body since simply threading the lens and adapter
together may not produce a desirable rotational orientation.

I have a Minolta SRT-101 and an A1.  Everything else covering the 30+
years in between... I dunno.

Chuck Norcutt