[OM] Re: Non-level hot shoes, was: 24/3.5 Club

Subject: [OM] Re: Non-level hot shoes, was: 24/3.5 Club
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:07:53 -0600
Chuck,
My workaround is to test each body with a 1-10 screen, an up and down
line drawn with a carpenter's 4' level, and see where the bubble in the
spirit level ends up when all is otherwise squared up.

Since one of the things that the repair guys regularly have to do in
overhauling OM-2S's and OM-4(x)'s is batten down the shoes, I'd say
Olympus didn't have any sort of precision in mind in this part of the
design.

Joel W.