[OM] Re: My Name is Joe. I am a zukoholic

Subject: [OM] Re: My Name is Joe. I am a zukoholic
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:04:10 -0700
Hi Joe:

As per Rob Harrison's idea of subj. evaluation, what is the fascination for
the 'press lens', 'pancake lens' I am not being sarcastic, I am not familiar
with it and would like to know if it is its rarity or it's delectability
that commands  3 to 4 times the price I would look at for a 35/2.0?
 Prices seem to have taken a dip (may not be permanent) as I just got a
16/3.5 fisheye with covers and case in (I would even call mint condition)
for $550. and I just 'won' a 180/2.8 for $435.  I know why I wanted them,
and what I would replace as witnessed by my posting of items for sale. I am
a zuikoholic, but I do have a game plan of equipment that I will use and
some propriety (ok not that much- but some) over what I have in 'inventory'
at any given time. I can concur with Rob that the self test method is
expensive,  as that is what I have done,  but you  can't read about a lens
and know what you want or need you just have to go there. So back to my
specific question - what is 'there' re: the 40/2.0 ?

Gord