[OM] Re: Question regarding 35-70 Zuiko Lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Question regarding 35-70 Zuiko Lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:07:27 -0800
I assume you mean an f4 lens, an f1.4 35-70 would be a first!

Seriously, the 35-70/4 will close focus to 0.75m. That means that the
smallest area it can cover in focus is 72x48cm at 35mm focal length and
36x24cm at 70mm. The 35-70/3.6 is about the same as the f4 in close
focus ability. The f3.5-4.5 focuses quite a bit closer, 21.7x14.5cm, at
70mm in close focus mode.

All lenses have close focus limits for both mechanical and optical
reasons. That's why so many of us also have lenses designed for
macro/close focus in addition to our regular lenses.

Moose