[OM] Re: X & FP

Subject: [OM] Re: X & FP
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:52:45 EST
Hi Roberto,
The only correct position is 'X' for electronic flashes.  The 'FP' is the
setting when photographers used those old flashbulbs.  It's due to the timing,
if
I recall correctly. If you set your camera to "FP", the shutter opening isn't
timed correctly. The flash bulbs fired for a longer time and took longer to
get up to maximum light output. An electronic flash fires for something like
1/10,000 to 1/40,000 of a second. Very fast.

George S.