[OM] Re: Introduction and help needed

Subject: [OM] Re: Introduction and help needed
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:14:05 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Ing. Radovan Faltus wrote:

>   My OM-4 needs sometimes the same.
> Probably the button contact is a little oxidated, i recommend to press it
> many times to clean the contact mechanicaly. Maybe other experienced
> listies can say if the push button assembly can be reassembled easily to
> clean it after removing the top plate.

It's possible that it's just dirty, but what may also have happened is that
someone has been a little too rough with the spot button and pressed it too
hard.  That can cause the button base (the plastic trim the buttons are in)
to crack resulting in poor contact with the circuit board underneath.  The
only fix for this problem is to replace the button base.  I wouldn't recommend
trying to clean or replace the base at home.  There are lots of little tiny
pieces, most of which are spring loaded, which have a tendancy to all fly in
a different direction when the buttons are opened.  I'd leave this repair
to a professional.
                                -mark