[OM] Re: ( OM ) Exchanges

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) Exchanges
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:12:23 -0800
Don't blame that one on us seppos. We don't call is 'summer time', but
Daylight Saving Time, which is rather silly too, but makes no statement
about when any seasons start.We start DST pretty close to the equinox on
the first Sunday in April. However, we end it on the last Sunday in
October, over a month after the equinox. I believe the EU starts a week
earlier and ends at the same time. We could have started it here a
couple of weeks ago. We've just had 2 weeks of exceptional weather, with
highs in the mid70s to low 80s F.

I believe the Cross Quarter days are much better season indicators than
the Solstice/Equinoxes. Still not perfect, depending on local patterns
and annual variation.  Your Fall and our Spring would then have started
in early February at Candlemas and our Summer, your Winter starting with
Beltane in early May.

Moose