[OM] Re: My Name is Joe. I am a zukoholic

Subject: [OM] Re: My Name is Joe. I am a zukoholic
From: "Joseph Ascione" <jascione@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:51:34 -0500
Hi Gord, I didn't notice this message till now.  I have tried to space
out my focal lengths I have a 16mm, 24mm, and 28mm and then it jumps to
the 50mm,  so I wanted something in between.  This was despite the fact
that Skip Williams told me shoot for a while before you buy more. I
guess I could have gone to the 35mm f2 but the thinness of the pancake
was the attractiveness. So small, the thought of putting the camera in a
jacket pocket and shooting was the curiosity.  As you say, at least I
got it for a very reasonable price.  In my acquisitions I did get some
slower lens and will probably want to get the f2 version of the 24.  I
do want to start selling on e-bay one of these days some of the extra
lens I got in the acquisition process.  I still want to shoot the 180
and 250 f2 and the 350 f2.8 but I think I will live without them and
hopefully just resort to a rental for those lens as well as the 1000mm.
Parroting Ali, I had acquired the lens handbook and read through it.  It
is such a marketing tool as it rationalizes the acquisitions for this
sickness. Regards, Joe
P.S. I am enjoying the 200 you sold me. However Purolator wants $50 for
customs and brokerage.  I think that's outrageous. There bill seeks $30
as an appropriate allocation of their surety bond on a $250 value of
shipping. I will let you know how I fare in fighting them.