[OM] Next camera, and reliability when skiing

Subject: [OM] Next camera, and reliability when skiing
From: Johan Malmström <johan.malmstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:33:30 +0100
Fellow ZA-members,

I think I stated last week or so that my next camera would be a Hasselbl*d.
Yeah right. My OM-4Ti will arrive later this week... This will probably lead
to that my recently served OM-4 will have to go, and that I will need at
F280. I have also acquired a 300/4.5 (non-Zuiko) which replaces my Tokina
300/5.5. More on that in a separate posting later on.

Is the OM-4Ti more reliable than the plain 4 in rough conditions? I think
John H stated some time ago that there is no difference in sealing between
them. Would you trust any of them in a cold an humid place? I'm thinking of
taking it on my ski-trip. The normal conditions on this trip would be
temperatures below 0 C and probably not dry at all... Actually this years
trip is more easy than earlier years, we will actually stay in cabins/huts
instead of the usual Hilleberg. But this means that camera will be exposed
to indoor-climate once a day which probably means more moisture and
humidity. I will take my OM-1n but thinking of taking another OM-body with
me. Thoughts on this, share your experience!

/ Johan

--
http://foto.johanmalmstrom.se
http://privat.johanmalmstrom.se