[OM] Re: 40mm lens problem

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm lens problem
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:33:02 -0600
Sounds like a weak detent spring.  However the detent on the 40mm is
provided by a flat blade spring rather than a coiled spring as on most other
Zuikos.  The only solution I can think of would be to bend the blade
slightly in the middle so that it presses more firmly against the detent
ball.  Of course you'd have to disassemble the front end of the lens to get
to it -- proceed at your own risk!