[OM] Re: 50/1.4 and viv macro teleconverter was Re: The Harrison Ross Po

Subject: [OM] Re: 50/1.4 and viv macro teleconverter was Re: The Harrison Ross Poll
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:56:13 -0800
I've never tried that combination for portraits, or even general
photography.  I don't do much portrait, but use the 85/2, 100/2.8 or a
zoom when I do. I have some flower shots with pretty nice bokeh in
fairly distant background with this combo. I'll post a couple soon.

The last design change in the 50/1.4 is supposed to have happened at
about 1,085,000. Gary's tests show a modest, but significant
improvement, particularly in contrast, but it only one sample of each,
so it isn't certain that the difference is that great in all samples.
The beauty of the latest designs in having a lens where it makes almost
no difference what aperture you use; even f1.4 is very good.

Moose