[OM] Re: Varimagnifinder

Subject: [OM] Re: Varimagnifinder
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:33:35 -0800
This link
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/findergroup/varimagnifinder.htm>
should answer most of your questions but leaves out one important thing.
The image through the varimagni is reversed left to right, like the view
in twin lens reflexes. It is quite useful for viewing at odd angles and
for critical focus. It can in effect allow use of a shorter tripod,
since one can look down into it. There must be some light loss, but it
is not noticable at 1.2x. It is a very well built unit.

Moose