[OM] Re: Varimagnifinder

Subject: [OM] Re: Varimagnifinder
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:55:43 -0800 (PST)
Works great and very useful for astrophotography and macro, also when
focusing is critical since it has the 2.5X magnification setting
available.  I often use it just for the critical focusing reason.  It
allows a much lower setting on your tripod without breaking your
back, so you have a steadier mount for long focal lengths and slow
shutter speeds.  The reversed image does not bother me for what I use
it for.  I do not notice any significant light falloff with it.

--- dimitar.todorov@xxxxxxx wrote:

> This list is very interesting for me and I see some very
> expirienced Oly
> photographers here. I am wondering what are the downsides of the
> Varimagnifinder. Like is the picture darker, or can one see the
> whole frame
> with this thing attached to the finder

=====
Don Shedrick