[OM] Re: The Harrison Ross Poll LAST CALL

Subject: [OM] Re: The Harrison Ross Poll LAST CALL
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:44:23 -0700
Hi Bill:

Were you away? ;-)

Here is the original poll-

----- Original Message -----
Hi:
Rob and I (Gord) cooked up this poll as a sharing-learning tool. This is a
members poll of your 3 (yes only 3) favorite Zuikos. What are your 3
favorite Zuikos?
Why?
What do you shoot with them?
Which features (sharpness, bokeh, size, weight, close-focusing, etc) make
them rise above the others in their category? (eg.35/2.0 vs 35/2.8)
Which other lenses in this category have you also used?
How does this Zuiko compare to lenses  by other manufacturers you've used
(N*kon, L*ica, C*non, etc) ?

Have fun, 15000 words or less.

Gord and Rob

From: <NSURIT@xxxxxxx>
> OK, I've been out of the loop a little on this conversation, however if
the
> question is about which three lens one would have in their kit if only
three
> were allowed, today mine would be.
>
> Zuiko 24mm f2.8 (because I have it. It might be the 2.0 if that one
resided
> at my house)
>
> Zuiko 35-105 as it is a great walk around lens.  Because it is frequently
> attached to a body, many of my best photographs have been made with it.
>
> Tamron 180mm f2.5 just because I like the focal length, quality of optics,
> speed and it is easy for me to focus with the slightest movement of my
hand with
> which I grip the barrel as opposed to holding it between my thumb and 1 or
2
> fingers.
>
> If I didn't answer the right question, at least I gave the right answer to
> the wrong question.  I would, by the way, have these lenses attached to an
OM