[OM] Re: The Harrison Ross Poll LAST CALL

Subject: [OM] Re: The Harrison Ross Poll LAST CALL
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:58:16 -0500
Just a few more thoughts that should have been included in my first post:

28/2 - A very sharp general purpose wide angle, one of the sharpest Zuikos
ever made I believe.

35-70/4 - Probably used more often than any lens I have next to the Series 1
90-180/4.5.  If I owned a 35-80/2.8, that would most likely be my overall
favorite.

85-250/5 - Is a bit lighter than the Series 1 90-180/4.5 (lots of glass in the
Vivitar; 18 elements in 12 groups), offers a wider range of focal lengths
though the Series 1 can focus down to 17 inches and give me a 1:2 macro at
180mm.

At the moment, I use all my Olympus lenses for nature photography.  I prefer
to use zooms over primes... in my opinion, much more convenient in the field
though I know I'm sacrificing a bit of sharpness.

Richard