[OM] Re: 50mm 1.8 - 1617191- Auto S

Subject: [OM] Re: 50mm 1.8 - 1617191- Auto S
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:19:43 -0800
No difference in filter use. The major difference vs. an early MC lens
is that the intensity of internal reflections off element surfaces is
brighter. This really doesn't matter for many subjects. Really bright
light sources in the frame will tend to cause more trouble than with a
MC lens, giving spurious rays and/or lowering contrast around them. You
should use a lens hood at least whenever not shooting away from the sun.
Bright light coming into the lens from outside the frame can still
bounce around reducing contrast and in extreme cases giving a light,
washed out effect at the edge of the frame.

Moose