[OM] Re: 18/3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: 18/3.5
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:15:50 +1100
There has been some confusion with the term 'thinner' here! Using a
49-67 and a 67-72mm pair will give you enough 'throw' forward to
clear the front element and won't vignette (well, any more than the
normal centre-to-edge light drop off anyway). But it still wont fit
because the Oly hood/adaptor screws into a slot which is too narrow
for the thread ring of a regular step-up ring. You may be able to
find one that is made of a lighter gauge metal which will fit but I
didn't before I found the correct item. Or you could scrape away some
of the meat inside the filter thread ring - good luck!
I sourced a new 49-72mm adaptor from Elmo Luton in the UK but it
wasn't cheap - thank gawd the lens was a fang!
AndrewF