[OM] Re: external ambient/flash/reflected Lightmeters

Subject: [OM] Re: external ambient/flash/reflected Lightmeters
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:10:26 +0100
I looked at a Minolta Autometer IV going cheap you-know-where.  Verifed that
it was NOT a IVF, so discounted it.  But in reading the manual I see that
Minolta advise against leaving the batteries in, if you are going to store
the meter for a couple of weeks/months (can't remember which).  So the
battery consumption is a 'design feature' - there is no OFF switch.  I
believe that was put right in the Autometer V.

I have had extremely good service over the years (decades!) from a Gossen,
and would recommend the brand.  Their latest Digiflash is VERY small and
both incident and flash capable.  The Sixtomat flash is bigger, but more
sensitive in low light (-2.5EV)

Piers