[OM] Re: Unbelievable Conversion on OM 2S

Subject: [OM] Re: Unbelievable Conversion on OM 2S
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:06:12 +0000
Recall, if you will, that one of my past hobbies was the restoration of old
sports cars and pickup trucks.  MiG and electric welders, acetylene torches,
lead, fiberglass, Bondo, etc., were the fixes of the trade.

None of those work all that well on camera gear, so I've been reduced to using
epoxy, JB Weld, Pliobond, duct tape, and similar pedestrian and puny adherent
agents.

I have, however, just recently discovered Gorilla Glue.  Stand by for a report
sometime soon.

By the way, the T Power Control 1, whose foot I epoxed back on almost two years
ago, is still working just fine and dandy.  And, thanks to another bit of
inspiration of the daring and innovative sort, I'm using it to power the macro
flashes on my MF gear and getting some stuff with unnbelievable detail, color
and sharpness.  Only problem: The trannies scan to 190MB TIFF files, so I'm
using lots of CD-R's.  But they print "real nice" on the Epson 2200.  :-)

I need more paper!

Walt