[OM] Re: external ambient/flash/reflected Lightmeters

Subject: [OM] Re: external ambient/flash/reflected Lightmeters
From: "Daniel Tan" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:03:44 +1000
50/1.4 + T32 + 2n + flat diffuser made from a milk carton.
The diffuser seems to give better results (read: no animal-in-headlights
look) than without it, even though it doesn't diffuse a great deal.

I would guess that the lighting conditions of where I am are just rather
bad. It's sort of a tungsten light + fluros + dark red carpet that goes
half way up the walls. I experimented with a 82B (might be an 81B)
previously but (stupid me) forgot to bring the filter along when I was
supposed to shoot. The flash lighting just seemed to either blast the
subject with light or render them slightly too dark. I guess it would
also help if my scanner would stop trying to automatically WB the neg.
My main gripe is that skin tones either get blasted out by the flash or
left underexposed.

Everywhere else, the flash has been fine.

DT