[OM] Re: Why E1 over others?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why E1 over others?
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:22:17 -0700
Hi Tom:

I cannot see that buying a digital camera from another mftr. is jumping
ship. Is this the OM list? for Zuikoholics? I surely hope that the well
being of this group is not dependant on the E1. I loved my 1986 BMW 635 CSi
(before that I had a 528i and a 633CSi) when I had 4 kids I bought a van and
then an Expedition, now I have a Lincoln LS V8 Sport ( same powertrain/frame
as the Jag S ) What is the point? I don't know! I never felt disloyal to BMW
for buying a Lincoln LS.
There are too many leaps to command loyalty-
-the huge time elapsed between the systems manufacture
-the fact that there are no shared components
-the fact that my lens choice is Zoom 1 or Zoom 2 (that phrase has that Cat
in the Hat feel doesn't it?)
-the purpose and results of the two systems are not the same
-there is no familiarity, no semblance of 'similartude' between the E1 and
OM
Don't worry about it, but let me ask, having bought the digibox are you
using your OM'S ?

Gord

PS shhhh(if you aren't really, post me the list of gear ;-)