[OM] Re: external ambient/flash/reflected Lightmeters

Subject: [OM] Re: external ambient/flash/reflected Lightmeters
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:53:05 -0500
If you use the flash's "Auto" settings (which measure the reflected
light using its own photocell), you still get the confirmation blink
in the viewfinder with later OM bodies. (You might use that e.g. with
an OM-1n, which can't do TTL flash.)

With a 2n, etc., set to Auto (switch on the *body*), you flip over
the calculator panel, then the body's own off-the-film photocells
measure the light. The camera sends a signal to the flash when to cut
off the flash pulse. That's the TTL auto mode.

I'm not sure what happens when both the flash and the camera are set
to "auto"! But there's no real reason to do that, since TTL auto is
better if it's available. . .

cheers,

   --Ross