[OM] Re: E-1 and flash capability

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and flash capability
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:53:22 -0500
Olympus' E-1 flash is supposedly much more sophisticated than E-TTL, Canon's
OTF flash.  My FL-50 does Manual, Auto, 2nd Curtain, FP mode, and produces very
nicely balanced results.  The flash talks to the camera and adjusts when the
lens zooms (as does Canon), turns off with the camera, wakes up with the
camera, and integrates very niely.

To change ambient/flash exposure ratios or exposure comp., you can either do it
on the camera with one-button or on the flash with the turn of one dial; no
buttons to push, no menus.

Skip