[OM] Re: Why E1 over others?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why E1 over others?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:15:25 -0800
I found some of these decidedly "anti-new Olympus" attitude interesting.
First of all, who says camera equipments is 100% logical? If so, then most
people who want "top-most quality" would be shooting LF. Face it, why spend
$X on say an OM1/2/3/4 when you can get equally good images 80% of time
with a $90 Stylus? Ditto with the $$$ Digital equipments. Your basic Drebel
will produce images as good as $8000 1Ds 90% of the time so why spend $7000
more? Heck, Ken's A1 stuff is as good as any and the A1 is "only" what, $500?

Second, just because there is no real connection per se between the OM line
and the E-1 4/3 line, it does not automatically mean the E-1 is some demon
spawn monstrosity. The biggest departure from the OM ideal would be the
size. However, by all accounts, the E1 balances well so may be that's what
matters the most. Otherwise, we are talking an innovative camera here. One
with some faults for sure, but it is definitely not a me-too camera.

use richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)